Wot. WOt. WOT!
Hi everyone! So exactly two years and a week ago, I registered my little blog on wordpress (more on this later). And while I may have not experienced some kind of exponential growth, there has still been growth, both blogwise and personally. And recently, I received my first blog award, so I would like to thank the beautiful and talented Tasha Cole (check out her blog by clicking on her name) for noticing my tiny corner of the internet and nominating my blog.
The rules of The Blogger Recognition Award are :
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers for this award
- Comment on each blog to let them know you nominated them and link to the post you created.
So here goes…
I started my blog after reading Girl Online, by Zoe Sugg. No, like I finished the book and then googled how to start a blog, and registered my blog that same night. At first I wanted it to be nameless and faceless, hence igetlostinsoundandspace, because I wanted it to be about photography and music, I’m pretty sure my first post was about Brighter by Echosmith (where are they btw?), I later deleted in and gave some thought to my blog and out came The Jo’burg Diaries. Somewhere along the line, I grew confident enough to show my face and use my name, and as I grew up more, so did my blog, I even incorporate fashion and beauty now!
I’m probably not qualified enough to give advice, but when has that ever shut me up?
- BE YOU, let your blog reflect who you are as a person, and as that persona changes, your blog is allowed to change too.
- BE CONFIDENT, this is obviously easier said than done, but don’t be afraid to share your posts, and tell your family about it. Gaining popularity takes time, it’s okay of your blog takes a while to take off.
Well those are my oh so cliche words… here are my nominees, I hope you guys stay spreading the love!
With love, Cayla…